This week it’s the all Canon top five. This is no secret, I’m a big Canon still and video camera fan. There was some interesting Canon news this week plus I have my own Canon related pre-announcement. So read on for this weeks Canon canon (sorry I couldn’t resist).
- Canon announces new cameras, printers and lens: In the market for some new camera gear? Check out these new options before making any new purchases.
- To Canon and Loeb & Loeb: Thanks for the traffic!: Canon makes some great products but they need to loosen up a bit. Like the Fake Steve Jobs, the Fake Chuck Westfall offers a bit of satire and constructive criticism. Apparently Canon USA can’t take it or doesn’t get it. It appears from the traffic stats that Fake Chuck will get the last laugh.
- Barack Obama inauguration: Amazing photograph close-ups using new camera technology: This Obama inauguration image made up of 220 Canon G10 shots stitched together is amazing. It took something called GigaPan six and a half hours to put all the pieces together. Check out the results here.
- 5 Reasons I'm Holding Out on Canon's 5D Mark II...and 5 Reasons I Can't Wait to Stop Waiting!: If you haven’t figured out that I’m a big Canon 5D Mark II fan, the next item will confirm that and this blog post does a great job of explaining why.
- My5D.com preview from CampPhotoshop.com: I love my new Canon 5D Mark II so much that I want to talk about it all the time but that’s not what CampPhotoshop.com is about. So I have launched a new spin-off blog devoted to my new love and my experiences with it. It’s brand new so please check it out now, subscribe to the RSS, pass it on to anyone you think will be interested and come back often.
As always, I post this list each week. If you find it interesting, make sure and check out my past and future editions. Subscribe to this blog’s RSS feed – and don’t hesitate to let me know if I missed something!
Do you like this week’s list? Did I miss anything? Post your additions here. Got something for next week? Email me and let me know.