With the biggest inauguration in American history upon us I couldn’t resist celebrating in my own CampPhotoshop.com way with a President Barack Obama Inauguration Poster.
During the presidential campaign I created four posters using the new Permanent Press plug-in from Mister Retro. For this celebration poster I went Mister Retro again. I decided to go back in time with the Machine Wash filters. I used at least one filter from each volume. Once I had a complete Machine Wash version, I wanted to see what I could do with the same design running it through Permanent Press. I hope you're as excited about the results as I am. If you want to get a grasp of the detail you can see the full resolution Machine Wash poster here and the Permanent Press poster here.
A few notes about how this was created:
- The general design was inspired by a poster created by Anderson Design Group
- President Barack Obama’s image is his new official image take by Pete Souza using a Canon 5D Mark II (see to be my newest toy...oh I mean professional tool).
- I quick selected President Obama from the background and then posterized the image. I saved the results and placed the image in Illustrator CS4 where I ran live trace on it to enhance the posterization effect.
- The wavy lines are from an iStock.com vector U.S. flag
- I built the design in Illustrator CS4 with each design element on it’s own layer and then exported the design as a layered PSD. The rest of the work was done using Mister Retro filters in Photoshop CS4
I’d be happy to read any comments. I’m also interested in knowing it anyone would like to see a video tutorial of how I created the image. Please post your comments below.